After a tasty fish dish that is a healthy alternative to fish and chips? This baked basa recipe is just what you need…
2 frozen basa fillets
1/2 a lemon, zested & juiced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp capers
Small bunch of parsley (chopped)
2 sweet potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 190°, 170 fan.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into small cubes. Place the sweet potato in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and leave to simmer.
2. Meanwhile, put the frozen basa fillets on a non-stick baking tray and place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. (Halfway through the cooking time you can add a thin slice of lemon to the top of each fillet for extra flavour).
4. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked through, remove from the heat and mash. Cover with a lid to keep in the heat whilst you prepare the sauce. Optional: Add a knob of butter to make a more creamy mash.
5. For the sauce, heat 25g butter in a small frying pan until melted and add the zest and juice of half a lemon, a teaspoon of dijon, two teaspoons of capers and some chopped parsley.
6. To prepare the spinach, gently sauté in a pan or steam until wilted.
7. Once the fish is cooked, serve immediately with the sweet potato mash and wilted spinach. Pour the caper sauce over the fish, sprinkle a small amount of garlic salt to the spinach and enjoy!
MORE: Gambas Pil Pil – RECIPE