There’s no better way to try your hand at easy baking than with this banana and blueberry cake recipe…
225g self-raising flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
75g caster sugar
80ml semi skinned milk
80ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 punnet blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 / 160 fan.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper and lightly grease (we used low-cal butter cooking spray).
- Sieve the flour and baking powder over a large bowl. Add the sugar and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the bananas and mash with a fork.
- Once mashed, add the milk and vegetable oil to the banana mixture and crack in both eggs, using the fork to whisk all together.
- Add the vanilla essence to the wet mixture then slowly combine both bowls by thoroughly folding the wet mixture into the flour mixture.
- Once thoroughly combined, pour half of the mixture into the cake tin, followed by half of the blueberries, evenly spread.
- Pour over the remaining mix and finish off by sprinkling the rest of the blueberries on top.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
This banana and blueberry cake has the texture of a giant muffin! Add a dollop of Greek yoghurt, couple of walnuts and a drizzle of honey to enhance each slice!