This chilli con carne recipe is our ultimate ‘go-to’ meal. Try this one time and it will become a household staple guaranteed!
10ml vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves minced
1 white onion chopped
1 red pepper chopped
2 carrots chopped
50g chorizo chopped
250g mince beef
1 scotch bonnet chopped (only include if you like it hot!)
50g mushrooms chopped
2 tsp hot chilli
1tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp oregano
1tsp coriander leaf
1/2 tsp garlic salt
4 tsp Worcester sauce
1 Oxo cube
2 tsp Tom purée
450g chopped tomatoes
90ml hot water and 1 oxo diluted
- Heat the vegetable in a large saucepan and add the garlic onions and carrots and cook until softened and browning slightly.
- Then add the red pepper, chorizo, mushrooms and scotch bonnet chilli and cook, blowing the oils from the chorizo to coat the vegetables.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the pan turn up the heat and add the mince beef. As the beef is browning, break up the mince with a wooden spoon.
- Add all of the dried spices and stir into the meat and vegetables. Then sprinkle in the first OXO cube and salt and pepper to season.
- Once browned add the tin of chopped tomatoes along with the tomato purée and 4 teaspoons of Worcester sauce, bring to a simmer and leave on a low heat for 20 minutes or even longer if possible.
- boil 90ml of water and dilute a second OXO cube. If the chilli becomes dries out, add the stock and continue to simmer until you are left with your preferred consistency.
- Serve with a handful of chopped coriander on top for a fresh kick.
We love this Chilli con Carne recipe served with ALL of the trimmings! Steamed white rice of course as well as, sour cream, homemade guacamole, a fresh tomato salsa, and tortilla chips if we are feeling naughty!