This crispy shredded beef recipe will become a new staple. Tangy, spicy and sweet, the perfect balance of flavours to leave you wanting more.
Being able to create this takeaway favourite at home is a game changer!
1 sirloin (or other) beef steak
2 tbs cornflour
2 tsp five spice
1 white onion sliced
2 cloves of garlic chopped
half a red pepper sliced
half a green pepper sliced
1 red chilli sliced
1 green chilli sliced
2 tbs dark soy
1 tbs tomato ketchup
1 tbs oyster sauce
2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
1tbs rice wine vinegar
2 tbs water
2 spring onions sliced
1tsp sesame seeds
- Slice the beef steak as thinly as possible and mix together in a bowl with the cornflour and five spice.
- Heat 2 large glugs of vegetable oil in a deep saucepan and fry the beef strips until golden brown and crispy. Once cooked remove from the oil and place on a kitchen towel lined plate to absorb the excess oil.
- Add the garlic, onion, pepper and chillies to the pan and cook until the onions begin to brown.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, combine the dark soy, ketchup, oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce, vinegar and water in a bowl.
- Once the vegetables have cooked, reintroduce the beef to the pan and add the sauce mixture.
- Cook on a low heat for a few minutes before serving and topping with the sliced spring onions.
After creating this ultimate crispy shredded beef recipe, serve up alongside some egg noodles, and add an extra helping of chilli and sesame seeds or crushed peanuts for some extra texture. You could even make your egg noodles chow mein style by adding a tablespoon each of oyster sauce, soy sauce and kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)!