If you find yourself bored of churning out the same old meals, this Moroccan lamb mince recipe is the perfect addition to you weekday staples.
Packed full of aromatic spices and tangy feta cheese to cut through the richness of the lamb. This delicious Moroccan lamb mince recipe is sure to become a dinner time favourite!
Moroccan spice mix:
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp ground cardamon
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp ground coriander
1tsp ground nutmeg
1tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp ground star anise
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 red onion chopped
1 aubergine chopped
2 cloves garlic
500g lamb mince
1 tin plum toms
2 heaped tsp Tom puree
2 tsp Moroccan spice mix
- Before you begin cooking, prepare the Moroccan spice mix by combining all of the spices listed.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a large pan and add the red onion and cook for around 2 minutes until soft.
- throw in the chopped garlic and aubergine and continue to cook on a medium high heat for a further couple of minutes.
- Introduce the minced meat and break apart with a wooden spoon before adding the pre prepared spice mix and stir through.
- Once the meat has browned and the veg us cooked through, add the tin of plum tomatoes and tomato puree and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Two minutes before serving, crumble over the feta cheese and a handful of chopped mint leaves.
Serve along with a portion of cows cous and if you’re hungry, try you hand at making a simple flat bread. Ideal to mop up all of the remaining sauce from your bowl.