This penne pasta recipe combines salty bacon with a creamy cheese sauce, the perfect combination for a delicious, indulgent dinner.
In our house Lorna is well known for creating the best pasta dishes off of the bat. Whatever is in the fridge, she can create a super plate of food. This penne pasta recipe is a perfect example of what she can muster up with a few ingredients.
225g penne pasta
6 rashers of bacon chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
50g grated Parmesan
3 eggs whisked
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
2 tbs creme fresh
- Heat a heavy frying pan and add the bacon and cook on a high heat until the bacon is crisp. remove from the ban and place on an absorbent tissue to soak up the excess fat and put to one side.
- Whilst the bacon is cooking add the pasta to salted boiling water and cook to the instructions on the packet.
- Next add the sliced onion and garlic and reduce the heat. Cook until the onions begin to caramelise.
- Whisk together the eggs and grated parmesan and add a crack of black pepper. Add the spinach to the pan of onions and stir through until wilted.
- Remove the onion and spinach from the heat and add the creme fresh and mix.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with a little of the pasta water, then add the egg mixture and stir through. The residual heat from the pan should cook the egg mixture without scrambling the eggs.
- Add the bacon at the last minute and stir through the mixture.
- Serve in two large bowls with a generous amount of black pepper and some extra parmesan on top.
MORE: Seafood Paella Recipe