The true taste of Spain, this seafood Paella recipe will transport you to the costa del sol. Deliciously rich and satisfying and perfect for a dinner party show piece.
1 Onion diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 yellow pepper, sliced
60g green beans, washed & trimmed
75g spanish chorizo, diced
1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3 tsp sun-dried tomato oil
850ml vegetable stock (we use 2 OXO cubes)
250g paella rice
A small pinch of saffron OR a sachet of Spanish paella colouring
160g frozen peas
300g bag of frozen precooked seafood mix (muscles, prawns, squid), defrosted in the fridge for 8 hours
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
MORE: Moroccan Lamb Mince Recipe
- Heat the oil in a large pan or paella dish if you have one. Add the onions and garlic and cook on a low heat for 4-5 minutes
- Next, add the diced chorizo and continue to cook until the oils begin to release from the sausage before adding the yellow pepper slices and cook until they begin to soften.
- Add the rice and allow to cook for a few minutes to soak up the oils released by the chorizo.
- Next, add the paprika, thyme, saffron/colouring and vegetable stock and stir.
- Leave uncovered until the rice starts to absorb the liquid and appears cooked, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t burn/stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the green beans, frozen peas, sundried tomatoes and seafood mixture.
- Add more water if necessary, stir and cover for around 5 minutes.
- Before serving, squeeze over juice of 1/2 lemon.
Our Seafood Paella recipe is best served with a wedge of lemon and a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley. Pair with a crisp white wine or cold light lager and enjoy.
MORE: Black bean enchiladas – RECIPE