After a slow cooker spaghetti bolognese recipe, that’s super appetising and easy to make? Look no further, we’ve got you covered…
Easy, tasty and cost-effective, spag bol is a staple meal in many households. Although it is a relatively quick classic to muster up, the longer you can leave it bubbling away, the better!
Being recent members of the slow cook club, we wanted to try out our very own version of this much-loved recipe. The result? A scrumptious and shareworthy slow cooker spaghetti bolognese…
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
For the bolognese sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1/140g onion, chopped (we used 1 red onion)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
240ml beef stock
120g mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 tin plum tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 bay leaf
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried basil
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
100g spaghetti per person
1. Turn your slow cooker on to low.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry gently until translucent. Tip into the slow cooker.
3. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into the pan and brown the mince on a medium to low heat. Break up the mince with a wooden spoon as it cooks to ensure the mince does not clump together or overcook.
4. While the mince is browning, season with salt and pepper and add in the cumin and paprika.
5. Once browned, add mince to the slow cooker, top with the remaining bolognese sauce ingredients.
6. Stir before putting the lid on the slow cooker and cooking on a low heat for 4 hours.
7. After 4 hours, turn the setting up to high and leave lidded for 30 mins.
8. Leaving the slow cooker on high, take the lid off. Weigh & cook the pasta to packet instructions and serve.