This week on Two Souls One Spoon we are taking you to Spain with this Gambas Pil Pil recipe…
Serves 4 as a generous starter
Country of origin: Spain
150ml olive oil
6 garlic cloves, 5 finely chopped, 1 thinly sliced
10 dried chillies
300g bag of prawns
1 tsp sweet paprika
30ml pale sherry (white)
15g parsley, chopped
- Preheat a terracotta dish on the hob until hot.
- Add in 150ml of olive oil and wait until hot. You can check how hot it is by (WATER/GARLIC PIECE)
- When the oil is heated through, add in the garlic and chillies and leave for two minutes (don’t let them burn).
- Next, stir in 300g prawns, coating in the oil before adding 1tsp of paprika.
- Stir and add 30ml of sherry.
- Cook until the mixture is sizzling before adding 15g of chopped parsley on top.
- Serve immediately with fresh bread.
PLEASE NOTE: Wait till it has slightly cooled before actually eating! Perfectly matched with our Spanish olive bread recipe.